Sales Engineer - Japan- Scadafence
About The Position
Who are we?·
- Amazing Product: SCADAfence has 3 amazing products, creating a paradigm shift in the OT security industry.
- Bragging Rights: Rated the #1 OT security company on Gartner’s Peer Insights platform and with the most awards in 2020.
- Awesome Culture: SCADAfence is a family – most describe our team as a group of close-knit, incredibly talented, and highly caffeinated people. Behind SCADAfence’s numerous accolades lies a vibrant ecosystem where team members have fun and are rewarded for continual innovation, disruption, and taking ownership in their work. We also write comic books and cocktail books and call that “work”.
- Get Things Done: Innovation is woven into the fabric of our organization. Every aspect of our operations is purposeful; enabling us to research, develop and innovate faster than the competition.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an exceptional local Sales Engineer to support our Japan/Asia pacific sales efforts. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and demonstrating SCADAfence’s amazing products and solutions that address our prospective and current customers’ business security needs. You will be trained to take customers and prospects on a deep journey and understanding of SCADAfence’s solutions and a working knowledge of SCADAfence’s technology in order to articulate our solution to customers.
Can you do this consistently?
- Perform technical customer-facing and online presentations and product demonstrations to potential customers and partners
- Lead technical pre-sales activities such as product implementation, proof of concepts, solution architecture, proposal management, RFIs and RFPs responses
- Conduct training sessions with customers and partners
- Attend professional conferences, workshops, exhibitions, and roadshows
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, R&D, and product management to map our technology to the customer's business drivers utilizing the Sales Process
- Manage all technical aspects of customer engagement — from on-boarding and implementation to addressing technical support, configurations, and updates
Do you have the required skills and abilities?
- Relevant technical bachelor's degree is an advantage
- At least 5 years of experience in a sales engineer and support role or at an equivalent customer-facing technical role in Japan/Asia Pacific
- Experience working in cybersecurity or industrial company - Must
- Proven technology skills, excellent presentation skills, outstanding interpersonal abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Technical knowledge and hands-on experience with networking tools and network infrastructure
- Linux and Windows OS familiarity
- Experience working in a startup company - an advantage
- Willingness to travel abroad at least 25% of the month
- Experience in installing, configuring and working with Linux. Full control over the Linux command line and applications. Knowledge in CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu - a plus
- Experience in networking applications, architectures, management products, configuration and troubleshooting. Experience with Wireshark is a must
- Knowledge in the TCP/IP protocols stack. Familiarity with protocols such as ARP, IP, TCP, UDP
- Familiarity with cybersecurity concepts and common attacks
- The position addresses both men and women