Sales Director- Opora
About The Position
At OPORA we’re on a mission - to preempt adversary attacks. Our Adversary Threat Management "ATM" platform provides a real-time and continuous view of a customer’s cyber adversaries, exposing and monitoring their attack infrastructure, and delivering preemptive action to prevent and contain attacks at the source. OPORA’s customers are no longer just reacting to cybersecurity events, but rather preemptively protecting their organization from previously uncontested adversaries.
About the Role
OPORA is looking for a highly motivated, self-driven, and experienced sales leader dedicated to making a difference in global security. As National Sales Director, you will manage all North American sales activities for OPORA. This challenging and high-visibility position provides leadership and management oversight of OPORA’s pre-sales engineering. You will develop long-term strategies and shorter-term tactical plans to meet aggressive revenue goals. You must be extremely results-driven, customer-focused, technologically savvy, and skilled at building internal relationships and external partnerships.
This position will be remote and candidates should reside in the NYC/NJ metropolitan area.
- Develop sales opportunities with all targeted industries. Call on Executives and decision-makers to purchase and deploy the OPORA platform.
- Progress opportunities through all phases of the sales cycle - from independent lead generation (as well as in conjunction with company marketing efforts), setting up and conducting prospect meetings, product demonstrations, proposal development, opportunity tracking via the company CRM and most importantly, closing sales.
- This is a “hunting and closing” position.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Passionate relationship building and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with functional peers across functions including the channel, marketing, sales operations, sales engineering, services, customer support, and product management.
- Must possess 3+ years of direct sales experience with threat intelligence products and services.
- Must possess a strong understanding of the competitive offerings in the crowded threat intelligence security marketplace.
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity technologies, especially threat detection and prevention solutions.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
- Experience as a successful sales leader with a track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in contiguous, multiple years.
- Demonstrated experience working with sales organizations and technical teams.
- Experience with developing budgets and predicting project costs.
- Ability to foster a positive work environment and attitude.
- Ability to work remotely and able and willing to travel on short notice, up to 70% of the time.
- Strong understanding of threat management technologies, concepts, and value propositions is required.
- Current network of financial services, pharmaceutical, retail industry decision-makers is a plus.
- Experience working at an early stage technology company is a must.
- A proven track record of generating leads and closing deals is a must.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as an individual contributor, and a minimum of 5 years as a people manager, is required.
- Experience as a "front line" sales manager leading a sales team selling into US accounts is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, is required. A Master’s degree is desirable.
OPORA offers flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them, so if you’re ready to work with a world-class team to level the threat landscape with unrivaled technology, let’s talk.