VP R&D - for one of our startup companies
About The Position
We are looking for a technological leader, with strong interpersonal and managerial skills who is a team player. Taking end-to-end responsibility for the company’s R&D strategy, performance, and delivering high-quality software solutions on tight schedules in a fast-paced environment to push the company forward.
· End-to-End responsibility for the company's R&D vision, performance, and deliverables
· Managing the entire engineering group – lead multiple teams in a fast-paced, Agile environment to support the evolving business
· Engage in the process of building the company's roadmap, as a member of the company's leadership team
· Develop high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed software systems.
· Ensure 100% customer satisfaction through our product development, design, and deployment
· Manage the group’s metrics and OKRs based on R&D and company goals.
· Mentor, coach and retain key talents through effective mentorship, coaching and succession planning
· Managing multiple, development projects from conception to completion, and ensuring quality outcomes
· Working along with the Sales & Marketing team.
· Business Travel internationally may be required occasionally
· B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent
· 8-10 years of experience leading, managing, and scaling R&D teams, in startup environments
· Experienced in leading 30+ employees (Including Software Engineers, DevOps, QA, etc.)
· Experience in building teams, hiring, coaching, and motivating staff through learning and development
· Experience in building high-performance, fault-tolerant and large-scale systems
· Experience with building successful products while working together with product managers
· Deep understanding of R&D built for enterprise SaaS offering
· Firm understanding of evaluating ROI of R&D projects
· Good understanding of R&D interface with the business
· Full proficiency in English