Chief Scientific Officer - InnovoPro
About The Position
Innovopro is a Food tech leading company based in the center of Israel. The company develops and produce unique plant-based ingredients for the global food market to create nutritious, tasty, safe, and sustainable food products. The company just raised its B round and is now entering a complex, high-growth, scale-up stage, which includes the building of manufacturing capabilities in Europe and North America and the establishment of an international sales team alongside with massive R&D work in several fields related to plant based technologies and cultivation.
We are looking for a Chief Scientific Officer with demonstrated leadership experience and professional track record in international organizations and in the Academia.
The CSO will be responsible for envisioning and developing research capabilities and managing research programs (human, methodological, and technological) for developing evidence of the validity and utility of research products, and for communicating with the scientific and customer communities concerning capabilities and scientific product offerings.
Main responsibilities include:
- Explore and initiate new future products and projects
- Lead scientific research projects
- Apply for Grants and fund raising for research projects
- Lead new patents filing
- Generate and Maintain company IP and knowhow
- Perform literature searches, interpret and summarize relevant data.
- Extensive managerial, research and industry experience, at least 7 years.
- Familiarity with grant writing, and research fundraising - Must
- PHD degree in Science (food, agri, chemistry, or other) - Must
- Experienced in patent application processes.
In addition - and ideally - you are:
- An entrepreneur and self-starter: you are able to build things up from scratch, with little guidance; you are highly pro-active and self-motivated
- A hands-on and operational problem solver
- Able to design and implement coherent strategies & plans
- Detail-oriented (without losing oversight), structured, organised and able to prioritize
- Versatile and flexible: able to cope with unpredictability, shifting priorities and continuous change
- Results-oriented and tenacious, always making sure the job gets done
- A sharp, fact-based, creative, independent and critical thinker: you are assertive, able to defend both your own ideas and company interests with data; you are able to say “no”
- Open and approachable; collaborative: able to work alongside a dynamic & demanding management team; you are their partner in developing the business
- Curious; a problem solver; a continuous learner
- Energetic & dynamic
- Committed to the highest levels of integrity, quality, ethics & professionalism
- Fluent in English and Hebrew; fluency in any additional language is a plus
CV's to be sent to: email@example.com with a headline "CSO position-YOUR NAME"