Head of Strategic Partnerships, Tech, Art and Business - Jerusalem
About The Position
JVP, founded in 1993 by Dr. Erel Margalit, is an internationally renowned VC fund. It is among the pioneering firms of the Israeli VC industry and has raised over $1.6bn. Over the years, JVP has built over 160 companies and has been listed numerous times by Preqin, as one of the top-ten consistently performing VC firms worldwide. JVP has been instrumental in building some of the world’s largest companies to emerge, facilitating 12 IPOs on NASDAQ, including CyberArk Software (NASDAQ: CYBR, $4.7 billion mkt. cap.), QLIK Technologies (NASDAQ: QLIK, then $4 billion mkt. cap.) as well as many large industry sales. Over the past decade, JVP has spearheaded the creation of international Centers of Excellence, including the AI and Media center in Jerusalem, the Cyber center in Beer Sheva, the FoodTech center in the Galilee, and the International Cyber and FinTech center in NYC, in partnership with NYC/EDC and the leading universities of the city.
The Mission: Connect cross-border arts with groundbreaking technological innovation, bringing together the best minds from Israel and the world to learn, harness, innovate and create the next big thing.
We are looking for a goal-directed individual with experience and rich networking in the domains of Tech, Art and Media, to translate high-priority goals into tangible workstreams and initiatives and execute them effectively.
This is a pivotal role in positioning Jerusalem as an international hub which will connect technology with various art fields, fulfilling the mission to support local and international game-changing innovators, players and communities.
You will be a highly skilled and passionate communicator, connector, and builder of lasting relationships, able to influence people from all walks of life, from individuals to global corporates, and to find, shape and compellingly articulate win-win scenarios for multiple stakeholders.
The programs you build, and run will be very varied, with elements that include: small, medium and large events, in-person and online; discussions, debates and roundtables; thought leadership and speaking engagements; visits from high profile individuals and organizations across government, business, not for profit, community, arts, sciences, academia and education; charitable and outreach work; and more.
You will have the drive to deliver concrete outcomes, fostering productive relationships both within JVP and more broadly across the many communities and business we touch, including our many portfolio companies.
- You understand the tech, art and media, domains and have substantial experience in developing relationships, partnerships and business development with these domains.
- You have exceptional communication skills in Hebrew and in English (verbal and written)
- You are familiar with the city ecosystem and know how to connect different partners (Business, Tech, Art, nonprofit, etc.)
- You have significant experience in global environments or global company (3+ years)
- You thrive on building new relationships and are a constant presence at events and online forums. You enjoy connecting with people and hearing their stories.
- You are energized by creating unique and memorable events that enable people to build relationships through shared experiences.
- You can work independently developing new ideas, conducting research, and sharing your findings with others.