Associate- Food & Agtech
About The Position
We are looking for an exceptional Investment Associate to join our Food & Agtech venture capital team. As part of our investment team, you will play a key role in managing our deal pipeline including sourcing and analyzing startup investments, conducting due diligence, and making investment recommendations on Seed to Series C startups across the Food & Agtech landscape. About JVP
Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP) is an internationally renowned venture capital fund based in Israel and NY. Established in 1993 by Dr. Erel Margalit, JVP has raised to date $1.4 billion across eight funds and has been ranked numerous times by Preqin as one of the top-ten consistently performing VC firms worldwide. With a view to building industry leaders, JVP invests in early through growth stage companies in the spaces of Cybersecurity, Big Data, Fintech, Enterprise Software, Storage, Mobile, Media, IoT, Digital Health, Food & Agtech . More information about JVP is available at www.jvpvc.com*
Primary Job Responsibilities:
As a member of our Food & Agtech investment professional team, you will lead the following tasks:
· Processing inbound deal flow.
· Outbound deal sourcing.
· Creating sector wide market overviews.
· Meeting with startup founders and being able to quickly understand their business and technology
· Performing market and competitive analysis.
· Producing due diligence reports on investment opportunities including investment thesis, financial projections, intellectual property, market & landscape analysis, commercial traction, reference checks and expert opinions.
· Presenting investment opportunities to our Deal Flow committee on a weekly basis.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Fluent in both English & Hebrew - both written and verbal - a must.
- BA/BSc in Finance/Computer/Engineering/Biosciences. MBA Preferred.
- Strong quantitative background & interest in Food & Agtech industry
- At least 4-5 years of experience in top consulting firm, investment bank, venture capital fund or startups
· Technological background is a major plus, ideally as an alum of a top technology unit in the IDF or a graduate of engineering/CS