Research and Deal Flow Analyst
About The Position
JVP VC is looking for a data-driven analyst who is passionate about tech and startup innovation.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Conduct research and analysis across various emerging technology industries and companies.
· Establish research frameworks to provide independent commentary, evaluations and forecasts, while identifying unique themes that may impact venture and emerging technology markets
· Develop and contribute to market maps used to examine emerging technologies, their ecosystems, along with the relevant factors/risks that will drive market adoption/growth in such sectors
· Co-develop investment thesis based on market demand, available technology and global trends
2. Source investment leads and opportunities by collaborating on various marketing (e.g., conferences, social media, meet-ups) and business development (E.g., innovation communities, academic institutions, peer investors, corporates) activities
3. Write and edit research reports and Investment memos
4. Support other investment team members
·Supporting the deal flow process by looking for interesting companies and generating interesting leads
· Supporting the due diligence process on all aspects of the company (Vision, Strategy, Team, Market, Product, Technology, GTM, Competition, Performance, Finance etc.)
· Supporting the partners on all relations with portfolio companies
Skills and Qualifications:
- Fluent in both English & Hebrew - both written and verbal - a must.
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics or Computer Science Preferred.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts such as valuation techniques
- 2-5 years’ experience in equity research, investment banking, Venture Capital or other related financial services role
- Strong interest in venture capital, growth equity and emerging technologies
- Critical thinker
- Detail oriented / analytical mindset
- Strong writing ability
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excel proficiency