Director, Real Estate
About The Position
Margalit Startup City is developing the next generation of urban development. Bringing together private and public partners to transform cities around the world by encouraging technological innovation and entrepreneurship. The company was founded in 1993 by Dr. Erel Margalit to create a physical infrastructure for his vision of turning Jerusalem to a capital of Innovation and culture. The first real estate opportunity was the old railway compound which was abandoned and neglected. First to be active in 2003 in the compound was The Lab, center of Performing arts, Today Zappa Jerusalem in the Lab, Later the compound became the home for JVP (Jerusalem Venture Partners) organization and for different High Tech Companies. The goal of the company is to develop real estate for creating homes for High Tech, Social and cultural entrepreneurship around Israel. Today the company is involved in Various projects in Jerusalem, Haifa, Beer Sheva, Kiryat Shmona and New York.
Responsibilities including the development of a N.America Real Estate strategy including research and modeling of opportunities, working with our global real estate team to identify the goals of the organization, ongoing engagement with local real estate players, brokers and professionals and regular work with the Israel team.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Work from the NYC building alongside our local NY team
- Ensure the operational run of the NYC building, tenants and deal-flow for the current MSC building
- Work with our operational manager in NY, our financial Director in Israel to oversee the success of the building
- Report to the General Manager of the company on KPIs to be agreed
- Work to develop local knowhow of the real estate market and present research on the market
- Manage ongoing new deal-flow of buildings including information on the deals
- 4 Years experience preferred
- High degree of organizational skills
- Basic computer skills (Excel, Word etc,)
- Well-developed communication skills, especially email skills
- Ability to multitask and balance multiple projects