Development Team Leader -Opora
About The Position
We are looking for a talented Development Team Leader to lead our R&D team. As a Development Team Leader, you’ll manage software R&D projects, contribute to product strategy and help develop a team of seasoned software, QA and DevOps engineers. Opora R&D teams work across a broad variety of technology subjects, such as information retrieval, machine learning, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data analytics, user interface design and more.
· Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
· Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
· Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
· Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
· Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of non-functional user stories, estimates and work plans.
· Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
· Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
· Conduct code reviews of solution designs and related code.
· Package and support deployment of releases.
· Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
· Assess opportunities for application and process improvement.
· Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget. Provide third-level support to business users. Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
· 5 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience managing teams of 8 or more developers.
· Familiar with agile based project management disciplines (Scrum, SAFe etc)
· Large scale systems and Big Data design experience.
· Experience in implementation and maintenance of cloud-based products (GCP / AWS).
· 3+ years of professional Web application development experience
· 2+ years of experience with SQL-based database technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
· Experience with NoSQL technologies (e.g. Redis, Elasticsearch, MongoDB)
· 2+ years of experience building REST API with known frameworks
· Excellent understanding of version control with Git
· Deep understanding of HTML5 including mobile-first / Responsive Web design, DOM scripting, cross-browser compatibility
· Experience CSS3 including advanced layout techniques (e.g. Flexbox, Grid) and preprocessors (e.g. Sass, LESS)
· 2+ years’ experience in React / Angular 7+
· Fluent English and effective written and verbal communication skills