Teridion Announces $20M in Total Funding
SAN FRANCISCO – Sept. 30, 2015 – Teridion, the cloud-based networking company that delivers the fastest internet experience, today announced general availability of its advanced Global Cloud Network to provide up to 20x performance improvement for end-user generated bi-directional Internet content. The company’s solution is currently being used by more than 15 companies spanning some of the most bandwidth-demanding applications and services, such as hosting and file sharing, rich media and advertising. Teridion also announced a total of $20 million in funding, having closed a $15 million Series B round of financing led by JVP, Magma and Singtel Innov8. With the general availability of its flagship product and funding, the company will accelerate its go-to-market strategy and grow its team both in the US and internationally.
“The Internet is an incredibly powerful tool, but until now, we have struggled to take full advantage of its capabilities. It’s still common for us to fall victim to slow response times and volatile connections,” said Elad Rave, founder and CEO of Teridion. “We are breaking down these boundaries and providing users with a seamless Internet experience – no matter their location, device or application. It’s our goal to bring customer loyalty to the forefront, and the funding and general availability of our product are major steps in this direction.”
Meeting the Demands of Modern Applications and Services
Today’s applications and services need to deliver content to users at unprecedented speeds, without sacrificing quality or reliability. As these technologies continue to advance, the effectiveness of traditional content delivery and WAN optimization approaches are diminishing. Teridion solves this fundamental problem by providing a high performance, reliable Internet experience that addresses the low latency, highly dynamic applications brought to market everyday. Early customer deployments have shown up to 20x improvement in Internet performance, offering an opportunity for organizations to build applications without compromise. With Teridion, businesses achieve new levels of customer engagement and retention, ultimately driving up revenue.
“Enterprise businesses rely on the flexibility of the Egnyte platform to securely share files, collaborate and maintain control over important data, no matter the storage provider, cloud, application or device. We want our customers to be freed from worrying about Internet connectivity or their geographical location," said Kris Lahiri, vice president of operations and chief security officer at Egnyte. “Fast response times and always-on reliability are vital to IT professionals and business users alike, and Teridion helps us consistently deliver high performance across our solutions and services.”
Teridion is able to achieve this speed and reliability on SoftLayer infrastructure from IBM Cloud. Through the IBM Global Entrepreneur Program, IBM Cloud’s startup ecosystem, Teridion has received free mentoring, support and SoftLayer infrastructure via the program’s Catalyst option.
"By supporting startups like Teridion, IBM continues to reinforce its commitment to provide entrepreneurs with the mentoring and cloud technology they need to bring next generation technologies to market quickly,” said Sandy Carter, general manager for IBM Cloud’s ecosystem and developers. “Because IBM Cloud infrastructure is flexible, reliable and globally dispersed, it’s a great foundation for Teridion, which manages a large volume of traffic in order to deliver fast Internet response times to end users around the world.”
Designed for bi-directional, user-generated Internet content, Teridion features:
• The Teridion Global Cloud Network – Bringing intelligent routing to the cloud. Proprietary algorithms and the Teridion Management System, in conjunction with Teridion Measurement Agents, provide a real-time congestion map of the Internet to find the best possible path, taking into account bandwidth, latency and geography.
• High performance, low latency – Up to 20x Internet performance improvements, enabling users to rethink what’s possible online.
• Unparalleled flexibility – Teridion Cloud Routers are created on demand, providing scalability and enabling users to only pay for the resources consumed. The solution works with the largest cloud providers in the world to ensure the speed and reliability of traffic, without requiring customers to leave their cloud provider.
• Bolstered security – Teridion does not cache users’ data, and end-to-end SSL encryption with no termination secures data across the network.
• Simple onboarding – With no hardware or software to install, and quick and easy provisioning, a typical cloud customer can be connected to the network in under an hour.
The solution is now available, and is priced based on data volume or users. For more information on Teridion’s solution, please visit www.teridion.com.